The Quick Facts about Eyelid Surgery
Length of Eyelid Surgery Procedure: 1 to 2 hours
Anesthesia: Local, with sedation
In or Outpatient Procedure: Varies
An eyelid lift or eyelid surgery is one of most effective and least expensive minor surgical procedures you can have to improve the appearance of your face.*
Bags under the eyes, drooping eyelids, or loose wrinkled skin can give you an old, tired, or sad appearance. Eyelid surgery is a common procedure that rejuvenates the area surrounding the eyes, to provide a more refreshed appearance.* Eyelid surgery is actually one of the most common procedures requested by men.
Eyelid surgery can be performed on the upper and/or lower eyelids, depending on the result you would like to achieve and what Dr. Danyo recommends.
View Before & After Pictures*
Eyelid Surgery Provides Treatment For:
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Excess fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids
- Bags under the eyes
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
Sometimes the appearance of the eyelids are effected by the relaxation of the forehead or eyebrows, or stretching of eyelid muscles. Dr. Danyo will evaluate these areas to determine if there is an underlying cause for your eyelid appearance and formulate a corrective plan of action accordingly.
- An eyelid lift procedure begins with local anesthesia to your eyelid(s).
- An incision is made with appropriate placement for the best results possible. Any resulting scarring that may occur will be concealed within the natural folds of your eyelid or directly below your lower lash line.*
- For an upper eyelid lift: The incision is made within the natural crease of the eyelid. Any fat and excess skin may be removed, as well as muscles may be tightened.
- Lower eyelid surgery can be performed in two different ways, depending on the patient’s needs:
- An outer procedure, which we call a lower pinch, can be performed out-patient in our office.
- An inner lower eyelid procedure would be performed in our operating room. An incision is made below lower lash line, with excess fat being redistributed or removed. Any drooping skin and tissues from the cheek area can be lifted if needed.
- Incisions are usually closed with sutures, which will get removed at your check-up 3-5 days post procedure.
Downtime & Recovery
Downtime is usually minimal and may include swelling, bruising, or discomfort. Dr. Danyo will provide you with full aftercare instructions and any prescription medication you may need. Cold compresses and ointment may be used during healing, with sutures removed in 3-5 days.
For additional information on eyelid surgery visit the American Society of Plastic Surgeonsfor this procedure.
* Disclaimer: Individual results may vary and specific results are not guaranteed.