The Quick Facts about Smartlipo®
Length of Smartlipo® Procedure: 60 to 120 minutes
In or Outpatient Procedure: Outpatient
If you’ve tried dieting and exercise but parts of your body have simply refused to tone up, Smartlipo may be a great solution for you.* Smartlipo Laser Body Sculpting is a revolutionary, minimally invasive treatment that removes fat cells.
Smartlipo® Laser Body Sculpting Procedure
- Smartlipo® uses local anesthesia to numb your targeted area.
- The Smartlipo® laser fiber is inserted through a very small tube into your body and the laser ruptures the fat cell membranes.
- The liquefied fat is gently suctioned out. Because Smartlipo® actually tightens the skin through coagulation, you don’t have to worry about dimpling and sagging skin.*
- Some light bruising and swelling may occur. Very minimal scarring may occur at the incision sites.
- There’s very minimal downtime, you can usually resume your normal activities within one day, including light exercise.
- Results can be seen as soon as swelling subsides, typically within one to three months.*
Smartlipo® vs Traditional Liposuction
Like liposuction, Smartlipo® also eliminates fat.
Traditional liposuction requires general anesthesia in a hospital. Smartlipo® typically only uses local anesthesia and is performed in-office, so there is no need for a hospital visit or stay.
EASE OF FAT REMOVAL
Traditional liposuction requires suction and manipulation to remove fat. This procedure uses heat to liquefy fat first, making fat removal much easier on your body. With Smartlipo, you’ll usually experience less pain, less bruising, and less swelling than traditional liposuction.
Traditional liposuction doesn’t use heat. The heat that Smartlipo® uses to liquefy fat also provides skin-tightening benefits, increased elasticity of the skin, less dimpling or sagging.*
Traditional liposuction requires a longer recovery time, due to a bigger cannula and the physical manipulation used during the fat removal process. Smartlipo® utilizes a very small cannula and is a very gentle procedure. Smartlipo has a short recovery time with very minimal downtime. With Smartlipo®, there’s usually less pain, less bruising, and less swelling.
Consultation in Delaware
Visit us for a consultation. During your consultation, the doctor will discuss the procedure, your fat loss goals and concerns, desirable outcome, projected results*, and answer any questions you may have. The doctor may suggest additional procedures for added benefits.
You can request a consultation online anytime, or give us a call.
* Disclaimer: Individual results may vary and specific results are not guaranteed.