Submental Fat Reduction – Kybella
The Quick Facts
Length of Procedure: 15 to 20 minutes
In or Outpatient Procedure: Outpatient
About KYBELLA – The “Double Chin” Treatment
KYBELLA® (deoxycholic acid) is an injectable for adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), A.K.A. the “double chin”.*
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is a naturally-occurring molecule in the body, deoxycholic acid, which aids in the breakdown and absorption of fat.
When injected into the fat beneath your chin, KYBELLA® causes the destruction of those fat cells.* Once destroyed, those cells can no longer store or accumulate fat.* This results in a reduction of fullness under the chin.*
Customized KYBELLA Treatment Regimen
- At your appointment, we will customize a treatment regimen based on your desired chin profile.
- During your treatment session, Deborah Geary, RN or Dr. Gillespie will administer KYBELLA® into the fat under your chin using multiple injections.
- Each session with KYBELLA® typically lasts only 15 to 20 minutes, performed right here in our Greenvile, Delaware office. Easy to have done anytime of the day, even on your lunch break or between running errands.
- Many patients experience visible results in 2 to 4 sessions.* Up to 6 treatment sessions may be administered, spaced no less than one month apart.
KYBELLA Before and After
FDA Approval of KYBELLA
KYBELLA® (deoxycholic acid) is the first and only FDA-approved injectable for adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat).
Important KYBELLA Treatment Considerations
KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including trouble swallowing and nerve injury in the jaw that can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness. The most common side effects of KYBELLA® include: swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, and areas of hardness in the treatment area.
For full safety and treatment information on KYBELLA®, visit MyKybella.com.
* Disclaimer: Individual results may vary and specific results are not guaranteed.