Smartlipo Pre Procedure Instructions
- If you take a blood thinner (baby aspirin, Coumadin, Plavix, ibuprofen, etc) please let us know as this affects your care and postsurgical treatment. It is best not to take aspirin or ibuprofen type medications one week prior to the procedure.
- Continuing standard multivitamins is fine. High dose vitamin E or unusual herbal supplements should be stopped one week prior to the procedure.
- If you were prescribed medications please have them filled before the procedure.
- Please wear comfortable and inexpensive clothes for the procedure. Drainage is common and dressings and possibly a binder will need to fit under your clothes for the ride home.
- If you are having an area done other than the abdomen, knees, or neck please purchase an appropriate stage 1 compression garment from MakeMeHeal.com. This link can also be found in the lipo procedure tab of the website.
- If you plan on taking sedatives or pain medicine prior to the procedure you must have someone drive you home. Usually pain medicine or oral sedation is best taken Â½ hour before the procedure starts. Please confirm with the office the likely start a couple hours prior to the procedure to time the medication optimally.
- You may want to have a light meal prior to your procedure and you should make sure you are well hydrated.